Staff and volunteers in the Millennium Forum are committed to practice, which promotes the welfare of children and protects them from harm. We wish to ensure that all children participate in an enjoyable and safe environment in which they can have fun and feel valued. Staff and volunteers in the Millennium Forum accept and recognise our responsibilities to develop awareness of the issues which cause children harm, and to establish and maintain a safe environment for them. We are committed to reviewing our policy, procedures and practice at regular intervals, at least every three years. We will endeavour to safeguard children by:
- Following carefully the procedures laid down for recruitment and selection of staff and volunteers;
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training;
- reporting concerns to statutory agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately;
- Adopting child protection guidelines through a code of behaviour for staff and volunteers;
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents/guardians, staff and volunteers;
- Ensuring safety procedures are adhered to.
Download attachments below