The Millennium Forum welcomes applications to join us on one-week school/college work placements. If you are considering a placement at the Millennium Forum, read through this information to get an idea of what is involved. If you decide it is for you, contact the Education & Outreach Officer to discuss further. You will also need to complete whatever forms your school requires in order to progress arrangements.
The placement is designed to provide an insight into an operating theatre and is a good way of thinking about theatre as a career path and also considering Further Education opportunities. We like to offer as varied an introduction to work in theatre as possible while you are with us, based in the Forum’s Marketing Department. If we cannot offer you a placement during your requested dates, we will try ato arrange alternative dates if at all possible.
We regret that we are not able to accommodate all student placement requests. All placements need to be booked at least three months in advance.
What to expect from a placement
- Information about our organisation: aims, audience, work we present, management structure, funders, projects, the building.
- To learn about your role as a volunteer: responsibilities, system for reporting back, boundaries of role, insurance.
- To gain a broad understanding of how the departments at the Forum work together.
- To have hands on experience of customer service in the Box Office.
- To acquire knowledge on the technical aspects of the theatre, with a backstage/auditorium tour.
- Participation in direct mailing activity and print distribution.
- Time to sit down with your placement mentor and discuss the placement, careers in theatre or anything else you would like to know during your time here.
Depending upon the nature of the placement work, should a student be working directly with children or vulnerable adults, they must undergo an AccessNI check before attending the placement.
Millennium Forum holds all necessary insurances as are deemed necessary for a workplace provider.
Placements may have access to confidential data. It is a condition of acceptance that the confidential nature of this information is respected. To arrange a work placement, please contact the Education & Outreach Officer on: 028 7127 2776.